Friday, May 22, 2015

DIY Plans

In my last post I mentioned needing to make a list of all my DIY projects I planned to do. Well, I'm doing it. I'm too sick to actually do anything so I'm going to be slightly productive by planning to be productive. This list will stick to clothing items and I'll make one dedicated to accessories later.

Project #1: Skeleton shorts

Super hipster and pastel goth. Super cute. Mine will be a bit longer and and waist will be shorter. I have the shorts, I just need some more white fabric paint.

Project #2: Corset Shorts

Again, I have the shorts for these, I just need grommets and the tools necessary to put the grommets in (I found a cheap set on ebay). After I finish these I'll probably do the same to a pair of jeans.

Project #3: Studded Shorts




Studs come fairly cheap on ebay, so this pair shouldn't be that hard to make. I just need another pair of plain black shorts to decorate.



Project #4: Watermelon Shorts


I originally planned to do this last summer, but never got around to getting the dye. I have the shorts, I just need some fabric dye and a fabric pen. Watermelon is my favorite food, so when I saw these I flipped and had to have them. Totally NOT considering making the matching sneakers and buying a matching tank top. Totally...

Project #5: Pixie skirt

Sorry the image is so small. I found this on etsy, but I have a spare pare of scrub pants that I can turn into this for absolutely nothing. This one will be easy, but still a bit of a challenge considering I'm turning pants into an asymmetrical skirt.

Project #6: Dip-dyed dress

Another etsy find, but unavailable. I found a thrift store dress in the exact shape, but I need at least two more in that shape. I want to do this dip dye (minus the leopard), and black and blue dip dye, and a plain black dye (unless I find the shape in black by itself).

Project #7 Pixie dress

Yet another etsy find that I figured I could make for next to nothing with materials I already had. It looks like a gypsy skirt and I see those all the time in thrift stores. I could just hack one up and use some of the ribbon and trim I've collected over the years.

Project #8: Bat Wing Crop Top

Another from etsy. I see big t-shirts all the time for cheap at thrift stores, so I plan to snag one and re-shape it into this.

Project #9: The Patch Vest

I have several vest themes in mind, so I have no idea which one I'll start with. I have a plain vest in my closet, I just need to collect/make patches and buttons. I get inspired by The Gothic Alice's vests all the time and have ideas for a Munsters theme, Tim Burton, and Studio Ghibli.

That's all I have planned for now in terms of clothing. I feel like I could do at least two of these a week, as long as I get the materials.








No comments:

Post a Comment