Last Halloween I spotted some bat-print fabric at Hobby Lobby. It had a blue background and I immediately pounced on it, since gothy and Halloween items that have blue worked into them seem to be rare. I bought a yard of it intending to make some hair accessories with it and so far I have a head band and now a bow.
It's a bit rough, but this is the first time I've done something like this. It turned out fairly alright. While I was making this bow I decided to use some of the leftover black fabric I had lying around from another project. I've seen bat wing bows around and found a tutorial for them using vinyl. I figured I could make one easily by just cutting out the pattern, sewing the seams, and then flipping it inside out. Boy was I wrong. It did not keep the bat wing shape at all and ended up looking like a deformed triangle. I re-cut it from smaller fabric and sewed it again. I flipped it back and was able to poke the little "points" into place. Then, I sewed over those again on the outside to try and define the shape a bit more. It worked a little.
No comments:
Post a Comment